Friday, May 17, 2013

Touch of the Light - 2012


Directed by Rong-ji Chang

The real title is Ni guano fei xiang apparently..

So since I was flying to Taiwan, I decided it would be a good idea to watch Taiwanese and Mandrin films to practice Mandrin namean?

This movie is about a blind piano playing prodigy in Taiwan - Huang Yu-Siang - who actually played in the film as himself (never would've guessed until I just recently read that fact on IMDB)

It was a good movie - I was inspired and slightly bored at times to see so many long takes.. but mostly inspired because I am not a major fan of super fast cutting, so long takes are refreshing to see in my humble opinion.

The movie might have been slightly longer than it needed to be, and I think the girl character's story was slightly underdeveloped.. or maybe I just wanted to see her in the movie more because she's hot?

I do have to admit that this is supposed to be an inspirational story, and I didn't feel too inspired at the end.. I think because a lot of things worked out pretty well and easily for the characters.. but it was a nice movies regardless.

would I recommend it? definitely if you like music, and probably if you like cute love stories.. not really if your looking to have your mind blown like a giant haldukken to your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment