Directed by Anders Østergaard
This was a documentary about secret/undercover reporters in Burma during the times of the controversial 2007 riots against the military rule in Burma (now Myanmar)
This was a good documentary - and I learned a lot about a country I've never heard of (maybe because I'm ignorant, but I don't think i'm the only american that has never heard of Burma)
I think every camera operator in the world should watch this film - it was (probably still is) illegal for these kids to be filming shit - one tourist with a camera from Japan was killed for busting out his camera in a protest/march that turned into a shit show with the military and police. Despite the risks, these guys were getting really good shots and coverage of the events that took place. One guy even filmed the cops emptying his apartment of computers and equipment when he came home to find his spot was being raided.. what a boss!
The movie is interesting and quick paced - check it out
No comments:
Post a Comment