Friday, May 17, 2013

The Way Back - 2010


Directed by Peter Weir

This film was pretty cool - the locations were fucking awesome - these guys walked from Siberia to India, so expect to watch a national geographic type filmed movie of ed harris and other people walking for a fucking long time.

honestly - there was not enough conflict in this film for me. It was based on a true story of some people that walked very fucking far to escape communism during WWII - and it was an epic story for sure, but they couldn't hollywoodify it at all? I was waiting for them to get chased by soldiers or bounty hunters or even animals.. but it never happens.. they just keep walking.

There were a ton of impressive shots with beautiful landscapes.. but I would rather watch Planet Earth - at least they have a narrator who drop knowledge on me while I watch that stuff.

There was no reason this movie had to be 2 hours long. This guy Peter did direct 'The Truman Show' - which I loved - but that was a more than a decade ago.. Thanks for sharing this epic tale of walking with us Peter, but next time make it an 80 minute movie for fuck sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment