Friday, May 17, 2013

The Guillotines - 2012


Directed by Wai-Keung Lau (as Andrew Lau)

movie originally called Xue di zi (duh)

again - had to see some killing after that first plane movie..

This movie had okay cgi - could have been better.. I'm glad I didn't see this 3d.

The story was actually pretty awesome - kind of a Robin Hood type of deal, only based in ancient China when gun powder was just being introduced. There were however MANY corny ass moments, but it was okay because I was able to laugh at those moments, as opposed to hate them. Towards the end people were dieting back to back and in slow-motion - it reminded me of the few Bollywood war movies I've seen where the lead characters have epic death scenes at the end..

The fight scenes unfortunately were not extremely amazing, but the story and visuals were enough to compensate - the visuals by the way were really fuckin good. and the sets/locations and costume work and extras were fucking awesome.

and THANK GOD - the end was EPIC! haha I don't know why I need epic endings, but I do. The end of this film did not disappoint - people died that should have died, and then there was a great act of bravery and courage at the end that was inspirational and maybe even worth a haldukken - I can't give the whole film a haldukken cuz the amount of corny-ness should have been snipped out and added to the deleted scenes section.

You should watch this, and brace yourself to laugh at corny shit from time to time

No comments:

Post a Comment