Directed by Sergey Bodrov
Second movie I watched on the plane - not exactly Mandrin, but I needed some killing after the first movie..
This movie was fucking awesome, the landscapes are amazing and the shots are sick. The story is also pretty badass and I love the lead actor playing Genghis Khan - Tadanobu Asano - he does stoic real well.. and I found out he's the villain in 'Ichi the Killer' (he's also in 'Thor')
His acting was probably the better part of the film. I thought the film was a little strange.. it takes place over practically the whole life of Genghis Khan - except the part where he invaded China - it was more like everything that lead up to that.. and it was a great/interesting story - but there sometimes it would get slightly confusing when there would be a jump through time.
The ending was a little bit of a let down - unfortunately I can't exactly remember why - probably phased it out of my mind, but I remember the movie ended and I was like - that's it huh? maybe I wanted to see him invade China..
I would suggest checking this out if you got two hours or however long it is to spare - it's a great epic movie that you'll be glad you watched, but then you might never watch it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment