Saturday, February 22, 2014

Skyfall - 2012


Directed by Sam Mendes

He directed 'American Beauty' , 'Road to Perdition' , 'Jarhead'  ... niccccccceeeeeeee....

Skyfall was alright.. Daniel Craig was for sure a bad ass mother fucker and kicked a shit load of ass - that was pretty awesome.. My friend later argued that the movie might be about the fact that he (007) is indeed a 'human' and not a 'robot' and that was also a major theme in the film. That was the most optimistic opinion I heard in defense to my initial reaction of 'are you fucking kidding me?' to just about everything that happened in the movie.

by that - I'll start with the beginning (which the title sequence was FUCKING SICK by the way) when Bond is shot and falls off the train into the water ... he survives - I can let that slide because I did that to my character in 'Static' to make him seem super-human - but I was mad at the woman that shot him.. you are a fucking top agent for England's top security corp. and you can't hit a target????????????????????????????????????????

Ok - they were fighting, on a moving train, that's hard - I get it.. then 10 minutes down the line, MI6 gets fucking bombed AND hacked ??????????????????????????????????????????

Insert argument - but choonoo, they are human, they make mistakes...

THEY ARE FUCKING MI6 !!!!!!

Sorry but if I was the Queen of England and you guys were making that many consecutive mistakes, I would have fired the whole team. M and Bond and the whole fucking team would have to be working out of M's garage because I would have pulled a Donald Trump and fired all their asses. Within the context of the film - you could argue I'm wrong because the old team did get the bad guy (duh) but I might have to argue - Javier Bardem's plan would've never fucking worked if I was the Queen of England because he wouldn't have the old team there doing what he planned them to do because they'd be gone because i'd have fucking fired them! win.

By the way - Javier Bardem was the best character in the movie. I know people are saying that he was a stupid villain because he couldn't have predicted this and that and blah blah blah.. whatever - Javier was a fucking awesome bad guy in this movie.

I would say - you should watch this - but I wouldn't haldukken you through a window for NOT seeing it... The way I might if you STILL haven't seen Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment