Directed by Anthony C. Ferrante
Damn are you serious? I have seen bad movies, and a lot of times they are fucking awesome because you just laugh your face off watching it the whole time - there is a point in this movie when it achieves a level of retardation that is not funny, it's insulting. One specific example of when I was just straight offended was by the end of the movie when the editor would cut to these stock footage shots of sharks swimming around in the water... WE SAW THAT SAME FUCKING STOCK SHOT SO MANY FUCKING TIMES - CAN YOU SERIOUSLY NOT AFFORD AT LEAST 20 MORE DIFFERENT STOCK FOOTAGE SHOTS PLEASE !!!!!!!!
I do enjoy watching terrible movies as homework sometimes to see a good example of what NOT to do when making a movie, but this one in particular was just disgusting.
It is interesting for myself to note on a marketing level - this movie got hype because it was so terrible in the first place.
I won't lie - at first I was able to get past the lame acting, stock footage, and the audacity that tornados formed from water had sharks in them - I liked that idea actually because it's definitely something different in these times of remakes.. I imagine they might have come up with this idea the way that South Park said Family Guy came up with their jokes:
Either way - if I saw this in theaters I would have been furious, and if you want to watch it on Netflix, because you heard it's dumb and you want to watch something dumb and laugh - be warned, this level of dumb might exceed your expectations..
No comments:
Post a Comment