Directed by Keanu Reeves
DIRECTED BY KEANU REEEEEEEEEEEVESSSSSS muthaa fuckaaaaaa
That's his debut film as a director! I think he did good in the sense that he was hardly in the movie had a total of about two pages of dialogue in the whole film... and I was laughing out loud every time he delivered a line!
This movie has SICK fight sequences - I was especially pumped when they let medium wide shots rock and didn't cut a lot to really show off the choreography!!
I think on a personal note - my favorite part in the film is when the lead character Tiger (played by Chen Lin-Hu) is walking out of an office and the camera is tracking back and just before exiting frame - he pushes the camera out of the way. I LOVED THAT because Keanu and his posse are watching this guy Tiger from spy cameras for the whole movie, and although the film wasn't presented in a 'home-video' style - Tiger breaks the 4th wall in a way I haven't seen by touching the camera that is not even one of Keanu's secret cameras, I thought that was a new and clever way to break the 4th wall (especially with the theme of 'we're constantly being filmed' happening in this particular flick)
I still think that Keanu's super quiet asian assistant with white hair would have made a WAY BETTER villian than Keanu himself - but kudos to the man for at least not making himself the lead, because Chen Lin-Hu was pretty damn awesome - and kudos to the sick fucking fight scenes and good camera work! I guess starring in all those Matrix movies paid off for something! (cuz I don't think The Matrix trilogy did anything to boost his career as an actor - but maybe I'm wrong?)
Anyways, I will DEFINITLY be watching some scenes from this movie again before I film another fight scene - and I suggest you DO TOO !!
Haldukken (literally someone gets fucking haldukkened in the movie - I WONT SAY WHO OR HOW MANY - you just gotta watch it sonny!)
No comments:
Post a Comment