Monday, February 10, 2014

Olympus Has Fallen - 2013


Directed by Antoine Fuqua

Wowwwwww - directed by my man who directed 'Training Day' (one of my favorite movies) HE ALSO DIRECTED 'BROOKLYN'S FINEST' (one of my most hated movies) ...

Another FAIL in my book. Damn Fuqua, what the fuck dude?

I did a little homework and realized that every movie this man directs is by a different writer - and the guy who wrote 'Training Day' (David Ayer) looks like a fuckin badass and also wrote and directed 'End of Watch' which I haven't seen, but looks pretty awesome.

Lookin at this man's imdb here - he did 'Tears of the Sun' which I also enjoyed - so I think my conclusion is that if you want to see a good Fuqua movie, take a look at whoever wrote the movie because this guy clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about the end result.

The ONLY GOOD thing about this movie is that Gerard Butler shanks the SHIT out of people. Thanks and Morgan Freeman, what can I say, Morgan Freeman is a fucking boss. He plays a semi-small role in the movie, but guess who is front and center on that movie poster? You're god damn right it's Morgan Freeman!

If you do want to see Butler shank the fuck out of some people - fast forward thru the first 10 minutes of the movie (the cars on the snow and icy roads scene) I think I might have enjoyed the movie a lot more if I didn't see Ashley Judd die in the first 15 min. This guy Fuqua is good at getting A-listers to be in his movies 5 min and then die - I wonder how much of the budget they waste on that? ........... Either way - If you DO see this movie (and I hope you don't) PLEASE SKIP that opening scene - it will only increase your chances of liking the movie. Just keep fast forwarding until you see Gerard Butler waking up at his house - that is where the movie should start.

No comments:

Post a Comment