Thursday, March 10, 2011
PANDORUM - HD TRAILER
Directed by Christian Alvart
Worth seeing ... I saw this movie a while back and when I was pulling up a trailer for Law Abiding Citizen - this trailer popped up in the side bar - and the whole point of this blog is to briefly reflect on shit I've seen for my own personal notes and for anyone who reads.
To be honest my memory of the film is a little vague at this point, but after reviewing the trailer a little bit of it came back. One thing I think I remember them doing very well in this film is building suspense. I'm pretty sure there were times when I was biting my nails watching that movie.
I am also really into sci-fi ... you might need to be a little into sci-fi to like this movie. The other thing I liked about it is it reminded my of Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey' - in the end when the robot that controls the ship they are on goes a little insane - this movie explores the idea of losing your fucking mind, which is always an interesting subject.
If I remember right, the reason it didn't find a place in my heart (like say 'Men Who Stare at Goats' did) is because the ending was a little lame ... well really lame actually.
I'd probably stand this movie next to 'Law Abiding Citizen' (funny - since it popped up when I was search 'Law Abiding Citizen') ... Okay movie, no Haldukken's, but you should still see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment