Monday, March 28, 2011

Detroit Rock City



Directed by Adam Rifkin

I'm pretty sure I have seen this film before, but recently I was working on a music video shoot for 'The Dirty Pearls' and when i sat down to watch a movie - Detroit Rock City was one of the first to pop up...

So I decided I'd check it out and see if it was at all similar to my experience on the set of 'The Dirty Pearls' video shoot, and see if there were any shots or lighting schemes similar to ours.

The movie was REALLY funny. There are parts here and there that are a little corny, but that is what made it so funny. I really liked it from a cinematic aspect and I made some mental notes if I end up shooting another Rock music video ...

This movie gets a haldukken because it has been 12 years since it came out and I think it is much better than a lot of other movies that are coming out now. If I was you I would watch this, not because it is an epic film or directed by a genius, but because it's funny as fuck and it is a fun story.

No comments:

Post a Comment