Saturday, August 24, 2013

Elysium - 2013


Directed by Neill Bloomkamp

YEA SOUTH AFRICA (too bad they didn't film in SA..)

This guy Bloomkamp was a 3D animator for Stargate SG-1 at the age of 18 in '97 - that's pretty boss.

I loved so much - I guess I'd round up to everything. Saw it IMAX and NOT 3D - best decision I've made all summer. Got to see it before it came out, homie had the hook-up! Sat in the front row - That's how I like watching IMAX (or at least damn near the front)

Favorite character - villain, duh - he's a Badass South African white boy (i was thinking that might bring back some bad memories for South Africans that watch the movie who had experiences with dudes like that) Maybe that's the point?

Sharlto Copley - The Man. I'm pumped on this actor - I hope I don't have to wait for Bloomkamp to drop another epic before I get to see this guy in movie again! He was a crazy mafaka in this flick - GOOD crazy - I think I'd say I haven't seen this good of crazy since Heath Ledger's Joker in the Dark Knight?

I did read one article someone wrote that expected more from the film - their major complaint was that there wasn't enough experience with the 'futuristic' world and that we should've seen more of what life is like on Elysium. I could agree, it would have been cool to see more of that - maybe these 13 hours TV show marathons on Netflix are spoiling us?

 You wanted to see more? - This movie was just THAT GOOD, SORRY SON - GO SEE IT IMAX

Matt Damon had a few cornball moments - what good futuristic action flick is without some cornball ass moments?

I hope you get to see it on the big screen before it's theater run is over - In fact - I don't know why I'm typing this shit when I could just go watch it again myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment