Friday, July 6, 2012

Prometheus



Directed by Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Hannibal, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven - just to name the one I've seen, but there are about 20 more)

Haldukken! bitches - go see it while its still in theaters

I saw it pourin' whiskey in cola with fam and tree'd up in oregon (literally hi on some trees); and I saw it 3D (but I will never tell you why, mua hahaha)

It was awesome - there were some corn-ball type moments (like when the guy is baby talking the alien) - but I kind of liked how this seemed to be 'by-the-books' in the sense that writing reminded me of older classic thrillers. I was also thankful they did not go too deep into the 'handy-cam' style of filming.

I noticed a lot of Stanley Kubrick shout outs - hollaaa

I will drop one spoiler - the movie was not exactly about how the alien from 'Aliens' came to be - in other words it was not about the fact that it was a prequel 'Aliens' ... it was much more about religion VS science and dropping philosophical seeds for your brains. Never fear - it wasn't preachy (I didn't think so anyways) - and you get to see some cool shit.

Lastley - I wouldn't waste your money on the 3D... but keep in mind, I wasn't fit to drive, maybe that has similar effects on 3D glasses. It is Ridley Scott after all - might be worth it to pay the extra dollar to keep that dude in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment