Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Misfits


Created by Howard Overman

LOVE THIS SHOW

They 'style' the image in post hard body it seems like - have some weird thing join on with focus, but it's cool.

The characters and the premise is awesome. They are (i think) in their 20s and not sure what to do with themselves, then they get super powers and don't know how they work exactly.

I like it a lot for two reasons:

1. Some of the super powers are really random. I think that is cool because then it becomes harder for some of them to know what to even do with their power.

2. The super powers don't always work. When the show starts off - they don't really have control over their powers - shit just happens (not for all of course) one girl can use her power anytime she wants, but it is cool to see how they deal with their power and try to learn how to use it better.

I also like that there are all these other random people walking around who also have powers - it makes for cool encounters in different episodes.

I saw Seasons One and Two - but they flopped the end of Season Two pretty hard I think.

SPOILER: (click the back button fast ! watch the show - and come back)

Season Two ends with the kids finding someone who can take their power from them. Since they aren't very skilled at using their powers - they decide to sell their powers to this guy to make some money. I thought that was straight up retarded, especially since the episode right before the Last episode - everyone would have died if the guy that rewinds time did not have his power !

Anyways - season 3 starts off with them going back to probation (like season One) and the loud obnoxious character is replaced with a new loud obnoxious character - I couldn't find any info about what is going on (i didn't look much further past wikipedia tho) - I am assuming that they had to or wanted to get rid of one of the actors, and have him replaced of course. ALSO they probably weren't making the money they thought they would be (or they are greedy fucks and want to make more) and so they came up with some excuse to keep the characters in the same location for the following season.

You can see it on Hulu - I would actually recommend this show over 'Being Human' because it is more funny. Being Human (as you may have guessed from the title) is kind of about life and relationships - where as Misfits is more about dumb young kids having fun, rather than getting too deep.

HALDUKEN

No comments:

Post a Comment