Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bitch Slap



Directed by Rick Jacobson

This guy has a decent resume (directed some 'Xena' and some 'Baywatch') ... I guess my definition of decent is: he has directed more shit than me and shit that you've heard of; however, it was pretty lame shit.

Bitch Slap was totally lame. They had one exterior location and the rest of the movie's locations were CGI. The movie was probably 80% green screen - which made this movie a perfect example of WHEN AM I USING TOO MUCH GREEN SCREEN? The excessive green screen locations gave the movie a sort of 'comic' feel, which might have been cool, but I don't think it was executed well enough.

The acting story was bad and the acting was bad. The visuals were bad. The only good thing about this movie was the end.

At the end one of the three chics (the innocent one) picks up a samurai sword (that supposedly belongs to some amazing assassin that they all fear) and she reveals that she did all this just to get her sword back (revealing that she is the infamous assassin that you hear about in the movie) ....... I liked that part because I thought it was the only cool character trait in the whole movie.

The fight scenes by the way were done very well too (must be that experience from directing Xena episodes)

Do NOT see this movie - it will be a waste of your time. I would only watch this movie if it was playing at a party and I was wasted and could barley hear the TV ... OR if I wanted to see a great example of when the idea - 'big tits and violence will save this movie' - goes terribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment