Sunday, November 20, 2011
Official In Time
Directed by Andrew Niccol (He wrote - The Truman Show, S1m0ne, The Terminal, Lord of War)
This is the fourth feature this guy directed (according to imdb.com) and also according to that site, he used to direct a bunch of commercials. He did NOT Direct The Truman Show (loved it) or Lord of War (looks badass). It makes me wonder if this movie would have been better, had there been a different director..
Either way - the concept of this movie is really good ... I hope they remake it one day :)
I wasn't too impressed with the skills of JT (or the chick for that matter) and there were a ton of really lame moments in the movie (the special effects being one of those things) - unless Andrew wanted all his actors to seem like emotionless robots ... I am not sure why these character were so stiff.
I would see the movie (not in theater , you can wait until it comes out on dvd) It is a great example of a movie that was almost good, and if you make a list of the reasons why you do NOT like the movie - keep that list close to your heart and make sure to check it twice while you are making your own movie. For example, are my actors displaying no emotion at all?
Lastly - I really hated how easy it was for this guy and girl duo to rob everyone ... I know it was probably made that way to get the point across (or the message of the movie) but COME ON man ... make it an epic next time Andrew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment