Saturday, April 24, 2010

IM BACK

yooo So I got back from the shoot at the cabin with no voice. The second to last night we were outside next to a lake running four kino's and one HMI right up until the sun came up. I got about a good 2 hours of sleep then woke up the last day with no voice. 

OVERALL it was mad fun (as expected) and I think it's gonna turn out great. It's called "Some call it Love" and I'm sure I will have a trailer posted in a few months. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures with my phone because it was always fighting for service and killing the battery way too fast. I did turn it on one day and got some pictures of a day time scene that i lit with 3 kino lights and two 1200 watt HMI's. 

THIS is what the room looked like:

WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW is that we shot this scene late at night, but I had enough fire power to make it look like it was day. (or at least that's what i was trying to do).

This is a shot from inside with the DP and his AC settin' up the camera:

This is supposed to be a way cool panoramic photo of the room, but between texting the photo to Gmail and uploading it onto Blogspot, it turned into this tiny picture that no one can see:

This is the final result. The room is lit, the camera is set, and this is the frame.

One of the camera operators from set emailed me a giant link to a ton of photos from his camera, but I'm not gonna leak them photos namean? you'll have to hit me up if you want to see more. THE REST OF THE SHOOT was awesome (as I already said) and I have nothing more to say other than working on film sets is probably the most fun work I have ever done. The hours are long and the work is hard, but you get lots of free food!

One crazy thing that happened, an HMI fell from about 50 feet in the air and smashed into the ground while we were shooting in the forest. ($6,000 light). Luckily no one was hurt, and thanks to the soil, there was minimal damage to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment