Cold Fire by Dean Koontz
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Cold Fire was Craazy... or another word i might use is imaginative. I won't say too much except that the story is about a guy who keeps saving people. THAT part of the story is actually really cool... the force behind his super power is a mystery for the majority of the book. Actually, the book is more about the main character finding out where his powers came from. His POWER is that he can be in the right place at the right time in order to save someone. Sounds lame, but it's kind of cool. For example, he will get a gut feeling to go to Atlanta; while he is there he keeps getting gut feelings until he ends up in a weird situation that results in him saving someone. Was the book worth the read? it was PRETTY long, but I liked it. I must say the twists in the book are real imaginative , but it is overall a fun (and again a LONG) read.
I actually was thinking it would be a nice movie, but there would be a lot to cut out, and I personally would probably want to change the story. I looked this up, and Koontz had a few of his books made into a movie; but they didn't do so great i guess. Also, he writes about taking the first steps to make Cold Fire into a movie, but it didn't work out (probably cuz he's other books didn't do so well as movies... i think he needs better directors).
The road was a book that has been made into a movie. I actually was reading this book around the time that I saw the movie The Book of ELI and the two settings are similar. The world has ended or something and now this man and his son are in a journey to the south to escape the cold. During their journey they encounter all kinds of crazy shit, like cannibals and what not, and it is pretty entertaining. I liked this book and highly suggest anyone read it. It is a interesting look into what might happen if the world were in an anarchist state with scarce water, and it is an easy read. I am interested in seeing the movie.
A Walk in the Woods was real funny and informational too. The guy who wrote it has a real dry sense of humor, but I am into that, so I thought it was pretty funny. The book is written about and by this guy (bill bryson) who hikes the Appalachian Trail (the largest foot trail in the U.S. I think). He is accompanied by his ex-alcoholic friend who is always complaining, but pretty funny, and I definitely laughed out loud to myself a few times reading about their journey. I would suggest reading this. It gives you a lot of knowledge about the trail and other wild life stuff in the states, and it is funny, and not really a hard read.
NOW I am starting to read the last book: Too Late To Say Goodbye by Ann Rule. I am pretty excited because it is a huge hard cover book (the others were soft cover). It appears to be a mystery involving murder and betrayal-AKA-it sounds like a cool book.
No comments:
Post a Comment