Directed by Akihiko Shiota
I saw this a while ago on netflix and I forgot to make a note of it. Therefore - I don't have a detailed memory of it, but I remember liking it for all the wrong reasons (whatever that means).Anyways - the dude has fucking swords for limbs - if that's not enough of a reason to watch a movie, then perhaps you're taking movie-watching-advice from the wrong person.
I like the concept a lot, but the demons were usually corny and made me laugh because the special effects were pretty terrible. The two main characters and their relationship with each other was pretty priceless too. The woman and her high energy was hilarious, and she had a small drum that she would use to add to her enthusiasm (you see it in the trailer).
I did find one thing on youtube tho that I thought was pretty cool. I found this youtube video that is a cartoon of Dororo. It's black and white and it's twenty-six 30 minute episodes. I found it because I forgot what the title of this film was, so I searched 'samurai who must fight 48 demons to get his body parts back' - Dororo came up right away and I found out that it was a Japanese Manga series before it was a movie, and I found the black and white youtube videos. The first video I found was only the first 7 minutes of Episode one, and then I found the full version of episode two, and that's what I'd start you on:
It's kind of slow, but what do you expect from a 1969 black and white Japanese cartoon where a guy has swords for limbs, and must battle 48 demons?
I plan on eventually watching all 26 episodes, but in the meantime - stop being an amateur and check out the feature on Netflix!
No comments:
Post a Comment