Directed by Joss Whedon (obviously one lucky SOB)
Saw it IMAX 3D a week after it came out - and there was still a line to get in, and a full theater.
You already know I'm saying haldukken to this movie and if you haven't seen it IMAX 3D shame on you. I would like to speak to the opposing argument to this movie (that seems to come mostly from the older generations) - "There was too much special effects and not enough story" - I don't know if anyone who says that know that the Director Joss Whedon was also the WRITER for The Avengers... he ALSO WROTE - Toy Story, was the creator/writer for the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a show I never watched, but has 7 seasons/145 episodes and won 3 emmy awards) MY POINT is that I'm sure they could have came up with a good story, but honestly I went to the theater that day to see The Avengers kick some ass!
I guess the way I see it is - sometimes you put on a bad movie, knowing it is going to be bad, but you enjoy it because it is bad.. If you went to see The Avengers and you were expecting a life changing story to unfold on screen - I think you shot yourself in the foot walking into that movie with those expectations.
The most interesting point anyone made about this movie to me was - you saw The Avengers IMAX 3D and you saw Avatar IMAX 3D - which one was better, visually? I'd have to agree that Avatar blew me away with the 3D action, and I have YET to see a movie that matched it or topped it.
So I wonder - could The Avengers have had even better action and 3D effects?
either way - your lame if you don't see this 3D in theaters because that will be the best way to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment