Thursday, January 12, 2012
Your Highness
Directed by David Gordon Green (he directed Pineapple Express too)
ehh...
This movie had its funny moments, and I did kind of like that they tried to do something different by making a period piece comedy, but 'Monty Python and The Holy Grail' was better.
I feel like these guys are going in the same direction of any crew of comedians - same shit, different costumes.
I think it might have actually been funny if everyone played 'true' to the character and time frame... At the end of the day I think I'm tryin to find a better way to say:
Danny McBride ruined this movie for me.
I was thinking about Will Ferrell and his crew, or Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Etc... and people always say "he's the same in every movie" - BUT I like a lot of Will Ferrell's movies because I think he's funny... even if it's the same act/different costume.
I think the real problem I had with Your Highness is - Danny McBride trying to be a new character (cuz he was different in Pineapple Express) and I think his character in Your Highness just sucked. He wasn't funny, and it was enough to kill the whole movie for me.
don't bother seeing it is my 2 cents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment