Thursday, May 5, 2011
JERICHO
Created by - Stephen Chbosky, Josh Schaer, and Jonathan E. Steinberg
Produced by - Jon Turteltaub (the guy that directed National Treasure)
This show is pretty awesome. It did not make it past 7 episodes in the second season, and I think it's because they went in the wrong direction at the wrong time.
The show is pretty awesome (apocalypse setting) and filled with mystery. It's cool when we find out all the answers to these characters later on in the first season, but I think where they fucked up royally was how they ended the season (you can't fuck that shit up man). They ended the season in the middle of a fucking gun fight ! you can't do that man .. I think one reason Dexter has remained so strong is because they were smart about the beginning and ending of the seasons.
The middle of Jericho gets boring and TV ish, but that is the nature of the beast really, and I think they could have milked that boring shit just a little more to stay on the air just a little longer (at least for an entire second season).
The other thing I think they jumped into a little too fast was the gov't conspiracy plot. They should have saved that shit because the most fun part about Jericho is that there was NO gov't and when they come back with all this conspiracy stuff ... it was just a little too much too fast.
I heard they started a graphic novel after the show was canceled - definitely down to check that out.
Anyways, the show is pretty fucking awesome, haldukken, if you want a show to watch, check it out. There is only one and a half seasons so it's not like LOST where you will be watching this show for the next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment