Friday, May 27, 2011

Easy A



Directed by Will Gluck

This movie was terrible. I did like the story about the saint that it was kind of based off of ... but I was kind of asking myself through the whole movie - did people really act that way in high school?

This was written by Bert V. Royal (who was born in 1977) ... So maybe he should have written it for his era?

I did like the quirky stuff - it was half funny (like the parents) - but it was a little over board for me.

Either way, it cost approximately (according to imdb) 8 mill and made about 58 mill ... nice little score right there for Sony Pictures and Screen Gems.

I guess it had an audience. I do like that actress (the chic from Superbad - Emma Stone) even though she seems to get the same role over and over, whatever.

The one thing that kind of surprised me was the open stab at religion (specifically right wing Christians) I am just a little surprised that mocking the christians was never an issue that was raised? maybe people don't care anymore? I feel like if some coked up celebrity said - christianity is bullshit. (which is was was implied in the film) - there would be a lot of fuss. Not that I care - just taking note of when and how to get away with saying certain things about certain groups, namean?

I wouldn't watch this movie unless you have nothing else to do (for example you are really really really heavily medicated and you can't get up, and someone else puts the movie on)

No comments:

Post a Comment