Directed by James Wan
I can't figure out how you make SAW, exec produce all the rest (probably collecting fat stacks) and then you make turn around and direct some corny shit? I guess it's all about that cheddar. I wish there was less focus on 'shouting out' SAW in INSIDIOUS, and more attention was put into the characters.
Don't get me wrong - I do LIKE this movie, but it was only for the concept. This movie isn't old enough for me to ruin, but I have to note the concept - This kid can 'travel' mentally while his body remains in one place. This is sort of the same concept from the movie "Men Who Stare at Goats." That you can meditate to a point where you leave your body and move around. For example, some guy goes into a house filled with different rooms and he picks one to hide in; meanwhile, some OTHER guy can meditate outside the house, but enter the house with his mind and find what room this guy is hiding in without even stepping inside the house.
That sounds pretty wild, but I am looking at it like - just because you don't have proof that something does exist, does not make that proof that it does not exist (Samuel L. Jackson - I'm sure). Yedig
Anyways - the concept was pretty cool, but the monsters where not scary... they were like the sketches of the mask from SAW before it became the mask from SAW. I suppose this might be because the movie was PG-13 and maybe I should have been expecting that. BUT on top of that - the characters just were not that interesting to me, and I think the scary scenes could have been scary-er FOR SURE.
Bottom line - check it out. I respect it - on the hope that James is trying to plant a new way of thinking into young minds.
According to wiki - this movie was made for 1.5 mill and made 97 mill back... good fucking job James!
No comments:
Post a Comment